In order to be able to donate, you must:
- Be 17 years old (or 16 with parental or guardian consent)
- Weigh at least 110 lbs for donors 19 years old and older
- Donors ages 16, 17 and 18 years old must meet height and weight requirements
- Be in good general health
- Undergo a brief health screening
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Blood Donation Guidelines
- Temperature pre-screening to ensure health of donors immediately upon entry
- Routine screening process already in place accounts for understanding travel history and includes a wellness check
- A self-deferral has been added to the prescreening process asking donors who are not feeling well, who are suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19, or live with someone who is suspected or confirmed in having COVID-19, to refrain from donating.
Safety is our top priority. Visit the COVID-19 blood donation page for details on the many safety measures being taken.