A Passion for Community
A passion for supporting the community and caring for others are the driving forces behind dedicated volunteers. We love to help others and have fun doing so.
We’re excited that you’re interested in volunteering. There’s no minimum or maximum hours for volunteers and we have opportunities that fit around your schedule. Weekdays or weekends, daytime or evening, in a donor center or at a blood drive, we’ll work together to find the volunteering role and time that works best for you.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of volunteer opportunities:
- Welcoming and assisting donors at blood drives
- Serving refreshments (and cookies!) to donors
- Providing support at special events
- Transporting supplies
- Helping with mailings, clerical projects or other office support
- Background Check (paid for by our program)
- Must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at our blood drives
- Must be at least 16 years old to volunteer in our donor center cafes
- Training will be provided
Volunteer Feature: Nina and Patti
Be on the lookout for Nina and Patti when you’re donating at the next blood drive or coming in to one of the donor centers. These sisters-in-law enjoy their volunteer roles and see it as a way to get involved and give back.
“It’s just a fun way to pass the time, and everyone is so friendly,” explains Nina. She also notes that they particularly enjoy the high school blood drives.
“We love to see the involvement of the students,” Patti says, “But it’s also just a different dynamic at the high schools than it is elsewhere. It’s a little more of a casual atmosphere, and you really just get to see everyone coming together. For a volunteer, it doesn’t get any better.”
Ready to donate? Schedule your life-saving blood donation today.