A Passion for Community
A passion for supporting the community and caring for others are the driving forces behind dedicated volunteers. CBC volunteers love to help others and have fun doing so.
There’s no minimum or maximum hours for volunteers and we have opportunities that fit around your schedule. Weekdays or weekends, daytime or evening, in a donor center or at a blood drive, we’ll work together to find the volunteering role and time that works best for you.
Make an impact like Sharon from Shiocton
“It’s just that feeling of giving back, I love that feeling.”
How to help during COVID-19
Our need for volunteers is constant and continues to evolve as we navigate this health crisis. Volunteer opportunities include supporting blood donations by volunteering in our donor center café as well as our blood drives throughout the area.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Donor Registration Attendant
- Volunteers will help register blood donors as they enter blood drives and encourage donors to sign up for future blood drives.
- This volunteer opportunity is available in all of our service areas.
- As a Café Attendant, you arrange the snacks, juice, coffee, and water available for volunteers once they have completed their donation. You also converse with the donors and ensure they are feeling healthy post-donation. This position is such a rewarding one as you are taking care of our donors to ensure they have a great experience and want to return!
- This volunteer opportunity is available at our donor centers in Appleton, Little Chute and Oshkosh.
- Welcoming and assisting donors at blood drives
- Providing support at special events
- Transporting supplies
- Helping with mailings, clerical projects or other office support
- Mobile Registration (Chicago)
- A background check (paid for by our program)
- Must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at blood drives
- Must be at least 16 years old to volunteer in the donor center cafés
- Training will be provided
Interested in volunteering? Let us know.
Volunteer Opportunities in Your Community
We have blood drives all across Northeast and North Central Wisconsin, into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Chicago.
Questions? Connect with our Volunteer Program Manager today at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 280-4102.