Donate Convalescent Plasma
Donate convalescent plasma: be a part of the solution
Convalescent plasma is needed from individuals who have fully recovered from a COVID-19 infection. This plasma will then be used to create treatments for patients currently facing the coronavirus.
“We have an opportunity to directly treat patients who have been diagnosed with the coronavirus,” said Dr. Todd Straus, Chief Medical Officer, The Community Blood Center. “However, it relies on individuals who have previously been diagnosed and have since recovered. We need these people in our community to come forward and donate plasma.”
As of July 16, CBC is conducting the coronavirus antibody test on all blood, platelet and plasma donations. This test is done to identify possible convalescent plasma donors who can join us in the fight against COVID-19. Testing all donations will help us potentially identify more donors who can help patients suffering from the coronavirus. We are still trying to directly connect with those who have recovered from COVID-19.
If you are a fully recovered COVID-19 patient and want to join us in being a part of this solution, please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch soon.
Notification of test results:
- If antibodies are detected in your blood sample, you’ll receive a phone call from our team in approximately 14 working day informing you of this. We will then work with you to schedule a convalescent plasma donation. You will also receive a formal letter in the mail.
- CBC only notifies blood donors of test results when they are positive. Even though our intention is to test every donation, it is possible your unit may not be tested for the coronavirus antibodies. If you are not notified of a positive test result indicating the detection of coronavirus antibodies, you should not assume you had a negative test result.
Additional information related to the use of convalescent plasma:
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma has not been approved or licensed by FDA;
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma has been authorized by FDA under an EUA;
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of drugs and biological products during the COVID-19 pandemic under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
The Community Blood Center
501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization
Charity ID Number 39-0906273