COVID-19 & Blood Donation
Schedule your donation: (800) 280-4102 | www.save3lives.org
Updated 12:21 p.m. May 21, 2020
We are asking fully recovered COVID-19 patients to be a part of the solution to the global pandemic and donate their plasma. Plasma is a component of blood that CBC regularly collects from volunteer donors. Convalescent plasma is the plasma collected from someone who has recovered from the infection.
It can then be used to potentially treat patients with severe cases of COVID-19. If you are recovered from COVID-19 and want to learn more, please complete a form and a member of our team will be in touch soon.Convalescent Plasma Form
If you are a public health official, hospital representative, treating physician or other members of the healthcare community, we’d like to hear from you.
Please email your contact information to email@example.com so we can talk about partnering on this important health treatment.
Blood donation is an essential service to the community
Cancer does not stop. Chemotherapy cannot get rescheduled. Emergency surgery still happens. Our community will continue to rely on volunteer blood donors in the coming weeks and months, because there is no substitute.
Blood centers and blood donors are recognized as essential critical infrastructure during the response to COVID-19.
Under the Department of Homeland Security, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has listed blood donors as essential. Their guidance document outlines the importance of blood donation, blood banks and blood donors to public health.
Safety is the Top Priority
Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the safest donation environment possible:
Be Safe Wisconsin
CBC has joined local health organizations, officials and advocates to call on Northeast and Central Wisconsin residents to maintain their active role in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Be Safe Wisconsin encourages community members’ ongoing commitment to flattening the COVID-19 curve, and we are pleased to join like-minded organizations and individuals in amplifying the importance of a sustained commitment to safe behaviors. Learn more about Be Safe Wisconsin at besafewisconsin.org.
Find a Pop Up Donor Center Near You
To help ensure an adequate blood supply is available, and to ensure access to blood donation opportunities, The Community Blood Center is creating “Pop Up Donor Centers” in various communities throughout Northeast Wisconsin.
Upcoming CBC Events
Thank you for your support, in a multitude of ways, as we navigate these unprecedented times. Safety is the top priority for The Community Blood Center. As such, we are focused on gatherings only necessary for safe blood donation collection.
Therefore, we have cancelled the following events:
- Fox Valley Volunteer Recognition Event
- Fox Valley Coordinator Recognition Event
- Northwoods Recognition Event
CBC Press Releases
- The Community Blood Center Will Collect Plasma From Recovered COVID-19 Patients To Help Treat Others (4/6/2020)
- More than 700 Units of Blood Lost in the Last Week: “Pop Up Donor Centers” Being Created in Various Communities (3/17/2020)
- Community Urged to Donate Blood to Ensure Ample Blood Supply Amid Coronavirus Concerns (3/12/2020)
Blood Industry Resources and Communications
- Blood Community Unites to Support COVID-19 Patients (4/6/2020)
- Community Blood Center Mobilize to Assist COVID-19 Patients (4/6/2020)
- “We Need People to Start Turning Out in Force to Give Blood” – FDA Urging People to Donate Blood as Coronavirus Fears Intensify (3/12/2020)
- “One thing we should all consider, especially our Millennials and Gen-Z’s, is donating blood.” – U.S. Surgeon General, March 19, 2020
Blood Donation Advocacy
Blood donors are needed now! Please help us by scheduling an appointment and by sharing this important message with your family and friends.
- Schedule your blood or platelet donation appointment today: (800) 280-4102 or www.save3lives.org.
- Encourage your family and friends to schedule a donation appointment.
Share the message on your social media using these graphics:
- Local Patients Are Relying On You — Facebook | Instagram | Square
- 20 Local Hospitals — Facebook | Instagram | Square
- Patients Still Rely on Transfusions — Facebook | Instagram | Square
- Blood is Needed Now — Facebook | Instagram | Square
- There is No Substitute for Blood — Facebook | Instagram | Square
General Resources: COVID-19
Every 2 seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. Help us make sure there’s a reliable blood supply available.Donate Now