TEAM SUPERVISOR - NORTHWOODS (MINOCQUA, WI AREA)
The Team Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the assigned team members perform functions in a manner that is compliant with all applicable regulations, standards, procedures and policies. Responsible for creating a collaborative and engaged working environment that provides exceptional customer service to donors, sponsoring organizations and the public. Ensures assigned staff members are trained and competent to perform assigned duties. Works collaboratively with the Collections Leadership team and other Team Supervisors.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures the assigned team is appropriately performing designated functions in accordance with applicable policies and procedures. Provides guidance, direction, coaching and discipline as required in coordination with the Collections Leadership Team.
- Writes and conducts performance reviews, participates in the hiring and training process of new and promoted staff.
- Performs all technical functions designated in the Automation Specialist job description.
- Functions as the designated leader of blood collection operations ensuring all pre-drive functions are appropriately completed, assigning staff to duties throughout the blood drive, managing donor flow, coaching staff and volunteers on appropriate functions and serving as a resource for donor eligibility or other technical issues.
- Ensures the blood collection areas are maintained and managed to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate supplies and equipment are available to the team to perform job duties.
- Assists in Collections QC functions including DRF review, completing Correction Reports, performing follow-up discussions with staff as assigned, performing audits, reviewing QC records and data sheets, and assisting with QC activities as requested.
- Monitors team performance for compliance with SOPs, operational and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the performance of assigned team members to include technical competencies as well as attendance, teamwork, flexibility, compliance, customer service and blood collection operation performance.
- Responsible for the career development of assigned staff members to include coaching and skill development.
- Maintain all applicable documentation and provide prompt notification the Assistant Manager for assistance.
- Provide adequate staffing levels for scheduled collection activities by responding to and covering call-ins during on-call shift by working with other team leaders and supervisors as needed.
- Participate in process improvement projects and other projects related to the department as requested by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required and at least 2 years of progressive blood center experience or equivalent
- Post-secondary education highly desirable.
- Supervisory skills and experience highly desirable.
- Trained and competent in WB and Apheresis phlebotomy collections desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Skilled in the performance of operational tasks.
- A high level of organizational skills required
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- High level of problem solving aptitude
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=194781&lang=en_US&source=CC2
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran