PROCESS IMPROVEMENT LEAD
The Community Blood Center is looking for a Process Improvement Lead to join our Blood Collections Support team.
Responsible for creation and maintenance of systems and processes targeted at improving compliance and operational efficiency of the Collection team. This may include performing donor eligibility and compliance checks and evaluation of product suitability in accordance with procedures. Works collaboratively to create an engaged working environment, and facilitate communication between the CST staff, as well as internal and external customers.
- Create and revise SOPs related to areas of expertise to ensure donor suitability and collection of blood per CBC and regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews, monitors and resolves errors related to the Collections functions. Develops effective corrective actions, as applicable, to reduce overall error rate of the department.
- Evaluates data related to area of oversight, identifies trends, and drives process improvement as a project lead.
- Functions as subject matter expert relative to the BECS and relevant software systems.
- Serving as part of a team, ensures equipment is maintained and managed as required.
- Leads and participates in improvement or implementation projects within the Collections department or by representing the Collections department.
- Supports a working environment where staff engagement, growth, development, and training are promoted.
- Collaborates with other subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and train department staff on new and revised processes and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of relevant Collections SOPS, AABB Standards, FDA regulations and can interpret and apply standards to everyday practice.
- Participate in external conferences, training sessions and reading publications to maintain a level of expertise in job-related areas.
- Bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent related work experience.
- Advanced experience or training in blood collection activities
- 3-5 years in a blood center or health care environment
- Experience working in a team
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- High level of assessment skills
- Ability to travel and work remotely on a regular basis
- Current CPR certification is required.
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team!
Please apply directly on our website at: https://www.communityblood.org/careers/process-improvement-lead/
OR – link directly to the application: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218431971
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer