MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The Community Blood Center is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to plan, develop and implement of all of The Community Blood Center’s (CBC) marketing and communications strategies and activities, both internal and external. Leading a marketing team, this will involve promoting and managing the CBC brand and community awareness of the organization. In this role, you will oversee development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing and communications that are designed to further and support the strategic objectives of the blood center.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will collaborate and support the donor recruitment department by creatively developing new and feature material, and collateral to effectively promote blood drives and events, publications, and advertising intended to educate, recruit, motivate and retain a growing number of dedicated frequent volunteer donors while increasing the existing donor base. Working closely with the hospital sales team, this role will create appropriate marketing material to support organizational sales and service objectives.
Our Marketing & Communications Manager will professionally and warmly represent CBC to area news media by developing strong business relationships with staff at media outlets, including newspapers, television stations and applicable online outlets. Write and direct the production of internal and external CBC publications, including newsletters, educational handouts, brochures, and printed materials. Manage paid and public service advertising program, including budget for paid advertising. Oversee CBC website, social media and donor email program. Maintain awareness of current events and trends in the blood banking industry.
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you're helping to save lives right here in our community.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Strategically develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan that aligns and supports achievement of the organizational objectives
- Manage and promote the CBC brand and brand awareness both internally and externally, including with the media and through media appearances, to include articulation of the mission and image of the organization.
- Develop, promote and implement community/special events, including blood drives, intended to generate new donors and/or create cause-related marketing.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program.
- Actively develop and cultivate working relationships with staff at applicable media outlets. Identify opportunities for media exposure and effectively creates and packages relevant stories in order to ensure and manage media interest. Appropriately responds to media requests.
- Manage the social media presence of the organization and ensures content is appropriate, relevant, promotes the brand and image of CBC and is timely.
- Coordinate the appearance of all print and electronic material such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Achieve marketing, communication and public relations goals and financial objectives. Ensure evaluation systems are in place related to those goals and objectives.
- Develop, implements and monitors systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing and public relations function.
- Maintain confidentiality of CBC, donor, and patient information at all times.
- Provide for the photographic coverage of various CBC activities and maintains digital photographic collection.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Hire, train, develop, supervise and evaluates direct report staff.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs and directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, mass communications, or marketing.
- Minimum five years general marketing and/or communications experience which includes experience with media relations and crisis management, experience managing people and strategic planning.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in the development and management of social media.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations plans and activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing and placing press releases, making presentations and interacting with the media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, database management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Highly organized self-starter who is able to work independently
- May occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair wage decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=255889&lang=en_US&source=CC
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran