LABORATORY COMPONENTS SUPERVISOR
As a Laboratory Components Supervisor, you would help with maintenance of inventory including working with Product Coordinators to monitor and adjust inventory levels of each blood component by blood type and expiration date, through rotation and distribution, ensuring that the needs of our customers are met.
The Supervisor of Laboratory Components is also responsible for assisting with the performance of a variety of laboratory processes involved in component preparation, labeling, storage, and distribution.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees the performance of daily activities in the Components Laboratory on all shifts and facilitates completion of all necessary tasks.
- Communicates effectively with the Product Coordinators to ensure that all inventory and courier needs are addressed and available in a timely manner.
- Ensures that records are reviewed in a timely manner to ensure complete and accurate documentation of all necessary Laboratory functions and that products meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assists Laboratory Manager in the monitoring and review of daily production logs, maintenance documents, and other component production activities.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives in the Laboratory and communicates information to Laboratory staff as necessary.
- Works closely with the Project and Procedure Development Specialist(s) during the implementation of new policies, processes and procedures to ensure that staff training and competency assessment needs are met.
- Creates, revises, updates, and trains staff on new Standard Operating Procedures and forms as necessary.
- Assists Laboratory Manager in the selection of applicants for Laboratory positions.
- Performs or oversees staff scheduling and time and attendance review, ensuring appropriate staff are scheduled to meet laboratory needs, keeping overtime to a minimum.
- Responsible for the timely completion of performance appraisals and works to coach and/or discipline respective staff as necessary.
- Able to operate in a Component Technician capacity as necessary and maintains competency in certain tasks associated with Component production and shipping.
- Oversees the completion of required training for new staff and incumbent staff and assists with scheduling, monitoring, and tracking the successful completion of proficiency testing and required competency assessments for Component Laboratory staff.
- In conjunction with the Laboratory Manager, ensures that laboratory operations meet regulatory guidelines and initiates corrective actions for any non-conforming materials or situations that occur.
- Available by phone during off hours to offer assistance to component staff.
- Attends conferences, seminars, continuing education events to stay up-to-date and current in their respective areas.
- Assists Laboratory Management with the annual budget and supplies respective to their areas of responsibility.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Science or related health care, or equivalent experience.
- Must meet the educational requirements of CLIA to perform moderate complexity testing.
- Preferred candidate will have clinical laboratory training/blood center background, a minimum of five years laboratory experience, and supervisory experience/lab supervisory preferred.
- Candidate must be a self-motivated individual with a high attention to detail.
- Candidate must demonstrate effective problem solving skills, be highly organized, be reliable and have good leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and be cordial in dealings with fellow employees and customers.
- Preferred candidate has a good working knowledge of blood center laboratory practices, equipment, and regulations.
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=271965&lang=en_US&source=CC
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer