INFORMATION SYSTEMS HELP DESK
Our Help Desk is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service to end users, donors and vendors while providing internal support of the Company’s PCs, laptops, software, printers and related equipment.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help desk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the help desk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree and/or credits preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related job experience
- Requires a thorough knowledge of hardware, software, networking essentials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project and Access.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- High level of assessment skills.
- Strong analytical abilities required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of decision support and report design.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a position. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team!
Please apply for this position at:
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer