HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
The Community Blood Center is looking for an HR Coordinator to join our Human Resources team.
Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you're helping to save lives right here in our community.
Our Human Resources Coordinator provides overall support for the Human Resources department. In this role you would receive HR inquiries and requests from staff and management, and strive to provide exceptional service both internally and externally. This role also provides administrative and technical support of the human resources function, and assists management in accordance with company policies and procedures. Project-based and creative work is involved.
- New Hire Orientation
- Organize, communicate, and conduct new hire orientation on a monthly basis
- Coordinate presenters, both internally and externally
- Present HR portion of orientation, train and educate new hires on employee benefits, company policies, and health & safety
- Coordinate health, dental, life, and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of benefit programs
- Run and export Employee data related reports from HRIS system; manipulating data as appropriate within Microsoft Excel
- Aid in the administration of Family Medical Leave, COBRA, and disability benefits
- Maintain the employee HRIS database and employee personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Communicate with departments, employees, applicants, administrators, and staff to provide information and assistance regarding recruitment, transfer, employment personnel records, and legislation.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee information at all times including personnel actions, legal actions, terminations, and organizational plans.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations
- Interview, screen, and recruit job applicants to fill entry level, professional and technical job openings
- Provides overall assistance and research support on benefit policies, programs, and procedures.
- Participate on CBC committees and serve as a backup for the Generalist as needed (Wellness, Engagement, Safety and Community Service Committees)
- Maintain a current level of job-related skills by attending training sessions, seminars, conferences, and reading HR-related publications
- Provide payroll related documentation support, entering detailed payroll related data in HRIS system; Serving also as a back-up in payroll database, verifying, and providing input
- Perform various employee, wage and salary surveys
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year prior work experience in Business or Human Resources
- Prior experience with employment law, regulations and other government compliance regulations is preferred
- Prior experience with running and pulling reports, and working with data in MS Excel is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office – especially with Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a position. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team!
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer