FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
The Community Blood Center is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Specialist for our Facilities Department.
The Facilities Maintenance Specialist has the opportunity to make a difference by performing routine to general maintenance services across all Community Blood Center locations and assists in maintaining the Company’s vehicle fleet.
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you're helping to save lives right here in our community.
- Maintain daily preventative maintenance logs and equipment repair records across all locations, and comply with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Perform general maintenance services across all locations including painting, carpentry, plumbing, buildings and grounds maintenance, and snow removal
- Assist in maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment such as general mechanical/electrical systems, and work with third parties as appropriate to complete repairs
- Assist in maintaining vehicle fleet by working with third parties for general repairs and maintenance
- Provide project management and technician skills when working on small construction projects
- Serve as a backup for warehouse receiving, and distribution of supplies to departments across all locations
- Share phone coverage for deliveries and maintenance help desk; evaluate and address facility/maintenance issues during off-hours
- Support and promote a strong safety culture with all staff and in all job activities
- Maintain the facilities in accordance with all Company policies and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, customers and vendors
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required
- Prior experience in facilities and general maintenance
- Skilled in general maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities
SKILLS – This position requires:
- Strong time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Acceptable driving record that meets Company standards
- Personable, professional and positive attitude
- Knowledge of building maintenance concepts, public building and safety codes
- Understanding of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with staff, customers and vendors
- High level of attention to detail to continually look for areas needing attention and repair
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Willing to work flexible schedule to meet maintenance needs
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasional evening or weekend work
- Required to drive to other sites as needed for different maintenance/facilities jobs (between Appleton, Oshkosh, Little Chute and Woodruff/Northwoods)
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=00714f95-37ea-4c80-b3ef-b619a11c69e2&jobId=261840&lang=en_US&source=CC
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914 www.communityblood.org www.facebook.com/cbloodcenter
The Community Blood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran