Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day? The Community Blood Center is looking to fill 2 openings in our Laboratory for Component Technicians.
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you're helping to save lives right here in our community.
As a Component Technician you will be responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory functions involved in the processing, preparation, labeling, storage and distribution of blood components and non-blood components.
We have one opening for the following weekly schedule:
- 2nd shift: Tuesday--Friday, 12:00PM – 10:30PM
Primary Job Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares high quality components in a timely and efficient manner and checks/reviews component logs.
- Labels, stores, ships, filters, and irradiates blood components.
- Boxes recovered components in the appropriate shipments.
- Performs required equipment maintenance and QC on a timely basis.
- Responsible for performance of product quality control and evaluates products that fail QC.
- Practices proper customer service skills for dealing with both internal and external customers.
- May be responsible for delivery of blood to local customers on an as needed emergency backup basis.
- Monitors and evaluates temperature recording devices.
- Verifies component inventories as directed by CBC SOPs.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Accurately enters data into the donor information system.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, and presents a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs, or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must meet the educational requirements of CLIA to perform moderate/high complexity testing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform procedures and attentive to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good telephone skills
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately
- High level of assessment skills
- Works with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels.
- Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
- Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
- Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=267942&lang=en_US&source=CC
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran