The Community Blood Center is looking for an Application Specialist to join our Information Systems team.
Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you're helping to save lives right here in our community.
Our IT Application Specialist is responsible for maintaining, administering and supporting blood center information systems. You will write and maintain decision support reports and data sets while maintaining and supporting the blood center network, hardware and software.
Decision Support and General Duties
- Develops, maintains and run reports and queries in support of operations
- Establishes data accuracy and validity derived from a variety of systems
- Performs data analysis using statistical techniques
- Completes data and performance surveys
- Ensure compliance of applicable standards and regulations area of oversight and operation
- Report development using SSRS
- Work with Vendor to provide support for the application and systems
- Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications
- Supports the network and computing infrastructure plan
- Strong background with SQL Queries and Microsoft SQL Database
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge of Information System
- Assist with development of validation plan and validate BECS updates
- Troubleshoot Donor Information System problems and answer user questions
- Create/maintain Donor Information System Administrative Standard Operating
- Develop/maintain interface(s) for laboratory equipment and Donor Information System
- Develop/maintain remote site access to the Donor Information System
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s/college degree, or relevant college coursework preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related job experience
- Requires a thorough knowledge of hardware, software, networking essentials, network operating systems, network architecture, configuration and protocols
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project and Access
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Crystal Reports
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- High level of assessment skills
- Strong analytical abilities required
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of decision support and report design
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a position. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume to join our team!
Please apply directly on our website at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=267941&lang=en_US&source=CC
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer