Serving Local Hospitals
The Community Blood Center is proud to service nearly 30 hospitals in Northeast and Northcentral Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Our expertise is in blood – red blood cells, platelets and plasma – and we’re here to ensure our hospital partners have the supplies needed to support our local patients. We hold ourselves, and one another, to the highest of standards, ensuring we lead with safety and quality.
CBC blood products are processed, tested, labeled and manufactured in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Additionally, we maintain licenses and certifications with the FDA, AABB, CLIA and Maryland Medical Laboratory. Please click the links below to access each of these licenses.
- FDA Registration Appleton 2021
- AABB Accreditation Certificate
- CLIA Certificate of Accreditation
- Maryland Medical Laboratory Permit
Circular of Information
The Circular of Information for the Use of Human Blood and Blood Components was prepared jointly by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), the American Red Cross, American’s Blood Centers and the Armed Services Blood Program.
Zika Virus Testing
A licensed nucleic acid test (NAT) for Zika Virus RNA has been performed and found to be nonreactive.
A licensed NAT for Babesia has been performed and found to be nonreactive.
In addition to platelet components listed on pages 40-41 of this Circular of Information, the following apheresis platelet component is available with a 7-day expiration: The component, APHERESIS PLATELETS LEUKOCYTES REDUCED labeled with a 7-day expiration, has been tested, as required by FDA’s December 2020 Guidance, Bacterial Risk Control Strategies for Blood Collection Establishments and Transfusion Services to Enhance the Safety and Availability of Platelets for Transfusion, to control risk of bacterial contamination using culture-based testing methods to extend expiration up to 7-days:
using a testing device labeled for use as a safety measure, and a storage container cleared or approved by FDA for 7-day storage.
A listing of our partnering hospitals includes:
- Ascension Calumet Hospital | Chilton, WI
- Ascension Eagle River Hospital | Eagle River, WI
- Ascension Good Samaritan Hospital | Merrill, WI
- Ascension Mercy Hospital | Oshkosh, WI
- Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital | Tomahawk, WI
- Ascension St. Elizabeth Hospital | Appleton, WI
- Ascension St. Mary’s Hospital | Rhinelander, WI
- Ascension St. Michaels Hospital | Stevens Point, WI
- Children’s Hospital of WI | Neenah, WI
- Door County Medical Center | Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Howard Young Medical Center | Woodruff, WI
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital | Green Bay, WI
- HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center | Green Bay, WI
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital | Sheboygan, WI
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital | Oconto Falls, WI
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital | Eau Claire, WI
- HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital | Chippewa Falls, WI
- Oscar G Johnson VAMC | Iron Mountain, MI
- OSF HealthCare St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group | Escanaba, MI
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, WI
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, WI
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, WI
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, WI
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, WI
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, WI
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Shawano, WI
Schedule Your Donation