Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you’re helping to save lives right here in our community.
The Community Blood Center is hiring a Supervisor, Collections Support to join our team!
The Supervisor, Collections Support will be responsible for managing all training, retraining, mentoring, competencies, CPR certification, collections support team and SOPs for all Collections staff. Has oversight of the Training and Development Specialist along with the Collections Quality Specialist roles. Collaborates with other leaders to maintain process consistency, uphold training requirements, ensure high levels of quality and compliance and pursue opportunities for improvement. Maintains proficiency as a trainer by working in operational areas on a regular basis. Able to exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the oversight of all training and CST functions. Oversees the work of the Training and Development Specialist role and the Collections Quality Specialist roles. Performs regular coaching and annual reviews.
- Manages all training activities for the collections department to include initial training, re-training, mentoring, competencies and CPR certification for all Collections staff. Ensures and monitors all training completed as required.
- Provides guidance, feedback and instruction to staff members performing training or mentoring functions to ensure consistent training experiences for all staff.
- Create and revise SOPs related to areas of expertise to ensure donor suitability and collection of blood per CBC and regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews, monitors and resolves errors related to the Collections functions. Develops effective corrective actions, as applicable, to reduce overall error rate of the department.
- Evaluates data related to staff training and performance, identifies trends, and drives process improvement. Works with department leaders to coach staff and improve metric performance.
- Functions as subject matter expert (SME) for all collections department staff and projects. Collaborates with other SMEs to design and train department staff on new and revised processes and procedures.
- Leads and participates in improvement or implementation projects within the Collections department or by representing the Collections department.
- Knowledgeable of relevant Collections SOPS, AABB Standards, FDA regulations and can interpret and apply standards to everyday practice.
- Provides coverage for Training and Development Specialist and Collections Quality Specialists as necessary.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent related work experience.
Advanced experience or training in blood collection activities
Experience: 3-5 years in a blood center or health care environment
Skills: Experience working in a team
Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent customer service skills.
Good planning and time management skills.
Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
High level of assessment skills.
Ability to travel and work remotely on a regular basis.
Current CPR certification is required.
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your application today! https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=369249287
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer