Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $2,000!
The Community Blood Center is hiring individuals to Create Life-saving Blood Products!
These entry level general labor and packaging positions are responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory functions involved in the processing, preparation, labeling, storage and distribution of blood components and non-blood components.
Flexible Schedule & Hours:
- Full Time: flexible evening and night shifts, some weekends
- Part Time Weekdays: flexible evening and night shifts
- Part Time Weekend’s: flexible day, evening, and overnight shifts available
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares high quality components in a timely and efficient manner.
- Rechecks own work for accuracy and performs peer reviews of component and equipment records.
- Filters, stores, labels, ships, and irradiates blood components as applicable.
- Prepares recovered components for shipment.
- Performs required equipment maintenance and QC on a timely basis.
- Operates the Hematology Analyzer to perform product counts and quality control.
- Practices proper customer service skills for dealing with both internal and external customers.
- May be responsible for delivery of blood to local customers on an as needed emergency backup basis.
- Monitors and evaluates temperature recording devices.
- Verifies component inventories as directed by CBC SOPs.
- Accurately enters data into the computer system.
- Assists as needed, with the training of new staff or new procedures.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, and presents a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs, or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending inservices and training sessions and reading publications.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- To meet CLIA requirements for moderate complexity testing, individual must have earned a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform procedures and attentive to detail
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- High level of assessment skills
- Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels.
- Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
- Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability