Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you’re helping to save lives right here in our community.
The Community Blood Center is hiring a Donor Health and Product Suitability Coordinator to join our team!
The Donor Health and Product Suitability Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and coordinating Post Donation Information, Product Market Withdrawal/Recall, Product Containment, Donor Referral Review, Donor Notifications and Donor Reaction processes while assuring that all American Association of Blood Bank (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and CBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Exhibit exceptional customer service at all times. Interact professionally with donors, patients, and medical professionals.
- Evaluate and address staff and/or donor concerns regarding eligibility, post donation information and other medical related issues.
- Maintain, perform and coordinate Post Donation Information responsibilities including receiving, investigating, determining product impact and product containment related to the information received.
- Coordinate Post Transfusion Event Evaluation by communicating with donors regarding health history and arranging additional follow-up testing.
- Maintain, perform and coordinate blood donor reaction and injury procedures including communicating and following up with donors regarding donor reactions, arm injuries, and other medical related issues.
- Coordinate with blood center and customer staff to ensure the Recall and Market Withdrawal of blood products is timely and complete.
- Maintain, perform and coordinate Donor Deferral Review including the evaluation of possible impact on previous donations and donor safety.
- Resolve Duplicate Donor investigations.
- Maintain, perform and coordinate Donor Notification and Reentry procedures including communication with donors regarding test results, donation eligibility status and reentry.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Follow established quality control practices.
- Participate in external conferences, training sessions and reading publications to maintain a level of expertise in job-related areas.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ experience in a medical clinic setting, hospital or other regulated environment is a plus.
SKILLS: Knowledgeable in medical terminology
Excellent critical thinking skills
Strong, flexible interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
Effective mentoring/coaching skills
Skilled in documentation review with special emphasis on details
Proficient computer skills