The Community Blood Center is hiring a Lead, Production and Distribution individual to lead our team!
The Lead, Production and Distribution position is responsible for leading the daily shift activities of the Production, Distribution, and QC team members, ensuring that laboratory staffing is adequate to perform the processing, preparation, labeling, storage and distribution of blood components and non-blood components and that these processes are performed according to regulatory requirements. Is competently able to perform these processes as well as perform management review of daily worksheets, and manage immediate staff issues. Responsible for establishing consistency within the training process and facilitating communication between staff, shifts, and management.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 4pm – 12:30am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Oversees the processing, preparation, labeling, storage, and shipping of high quality components in a timely and efficient manner.
- Carefully checks and reviews component production logs and paperwork and documents this review as management/designee.
- Remains trained and competent on performing component production tasks, including maintenance, temperatures, inventory, and recovered plasma shipping.
- Accurately enters data into the computer information system and assists staff with BECs related issues.
- Practices proper customer service skills for dealing with both internal and external customers. Assists staff members when dealing with difficult customer issues.
- Communicates effectively between shifts and between staff and management.
- Addresses immediate production and staff concerns and involves management as appropriate.
- Assists with troubleshooting laboratory equipment issues and/or consulting with technical support.
- Works closely with Lab Management and Support Specialists during the implementation of new processes, equipment, and procedures.
- Reviews for accuracy, revises, or writes Standard Operating Procedures and Validations/Verifications.
- Responsible for the consistent training and mentoring of staff and ensures that tasks are performed according to training.
- Primarily responsible for the defined team; duties to include assisting with staff performance appraisals and the hiring of new team members. Also assists with handling or communicating to management staff performance issues and concerns.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, and presents a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally.
- Ensures self and staff remain compliant with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs, or directives.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials, the proper use of equipment, and appropriate segregation of waste while staff performs duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: To meet CLIA requirements for moderate complexity testing requirements of this position, individual must have earned a High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous laboratory experience, supervisory/management background preferred.
Skills: Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
Able to perform procedures and attentive to detail
Strong interpersonal and telephone skills
Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately
High level of assessment skills
Works with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels.
Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
To submit and application go to: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=352507776
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability