The Community Blood Center is hiring a Supervisor to supervise and lead our Laboratory Production & Distribution team!
The Supervisor, Laboratory Production & Distribution is responsible for the daily oversight of workflow activities and the performance of tasks for the Production and Distribution laboratory team members, assisting with the scheduling of staff, review of documents, and maintenance of the blood product inventory. Responsible for assisting as needed with the performance of a variety of laboratory processes involved in component preparation, labeling, storage, and distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Supervises assigned staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; provides career growth and development opportunities.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees; plans, monitors, and conducts performance evaluations.
- Performs or oversees staff scheduling and time and attendance review, ensuring appropriate staff are scheduled to meet laboratory needs, keeping overtime to a minimum.
- Adheres to policy and procedures and implements new procedures to enhance daily output.
- Ensures that records are reviewed in a timely manner to ensure complete and accurate documentation of all Laboratory functions and to ensure that products meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- In conjunction with the Laboratory Manager, ensures that laboratory operations meet regulatory guidelines and initiates corrective actions for any non-conforming materials or situations that occur.
Procedural and Operational Duties
- Actively participates in Department and Blood Center wide meetings and projects
- Available on call after hours for staff needs.
- Evaluates, creates, revises, and implements new procedures, policies, products, equipment, and work practices in cooperation with Laboratory Management.
- Works closely with the Laboratory Support Specialists during the implementation of new policies, processes and procedures to ensure that staff training and competency assessment needs are met.
- Schedules, monitors and tracks the successful completion of required training and competency assessments for new and existing staff.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives in the Laboratory and communicates information to Laboratory staff as necessary.
- Oversees the performance of daily activities in the Production and Distribution Laboratory on all shifts and facilitates completion of all necessary tasks.
- Ensures that records are reviewed in a timely manner to ensure complete and accurate documentation of all necessary Laboratory functions and that products meet regulatory compliance requirements
- Monitors and reviews daily production logs and equipment maintenance activities for completion and accuracy.
- Assists with the maintenance of the inventory which includes working with Customer Services to monitor and adjust inventory levels of each blood component by blood type and expiration date, through rotation and distribution, ensuring that the needs of the customers are met.
- Communicates effectively with Customer Services to ensure that all inventory and courier needs are addressed and available in a timely manner.
- Maintains competency in certain tasks associated with component production and shipping, being able to assist as necessary.
- Assists Laboratory Management with the annual budget and supply purchases respective to the area of responsibility and assists with monitoring and managing the economical use of supplies.
- Attends conferences, seminars, continuing education events to stay up-to-date and current in their respective areas
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- To meet CLIA requirements for performance of moderate complexity testing, individual must have earned at minimum a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred candidate will have clinical laboratory training/blood center background or similar healthcare experience, a minimum of five years laboratory experience, and supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with a high attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate effective problem solving skills, be highly organized, be reliable and have good leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be cordial in dealings with fellow employees and customers.
- Must have ability to effectively multi-task
- Must be familiar with laboratory practices, equipment, and regulations.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=352478089
The Community Blood Center
4406 W Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer