The Community Blood Center is hiring a Product QC Technician to join our team!
The Product QC Technician is responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory procedures involved in component preparation, labelling, storage, testing, and quality control.
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Rotating weekends
- Some rotating shifts – as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the daily performance of bacterial inoculation or pathogen reduction of apheresis platelet samples as required by applicable regulations and SOPs.
- Responsible for performance of product quality control testing and performing this quality control testing in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintenance and proper functioning (calibration, troubleshooting) of the Hematology Analyzer, Flow Cytometer, PR Illuminators, and other QC equipment necessary for daily use.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of computer data entry, review of work, and competency and proficiency performance.
- Evaluates products that fail to meet acceptable quality control results.
- Assists other departments as needed with the preparation, storage, labeling, and filtering of blood components.
- Assists as needed, with the training of new staff or new procedures.
- Maintains a neat, clean work area.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending inservices and training sessions and reading publications.
- Attends staff meetings, mandatory CBC inservices, continuing education programs and other meetings as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- To meet CLIA requirements for high complexity testing, individual must have earned an Associate Degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical
- Laboratory Technology program from an accredited institution, or have education and laboratory training that meets the specifics of 42 CFR 493.1489.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Able to follow and perform procedures with accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- High level of assessment skills
- Able to work with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels.
- Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
- Must maintain a neat clean work area, and present a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally.
- May be exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your resume to be considered: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=352467079