The Community Blood Center is hiring a Manager, Donor Health and Product Suitability to join our team!
The Donor Health and Product Suitability Manager is responsible for planning, maintaining and coordinating several critical functions of donor and blood product health and safety to ensure the organization is functionally compliant with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, AABB standards and CBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Develop, oversee and manage day to day operations of blood center functions which ensure the blood products we provide are compliant with all regulations and standards. Areas of oversight include:
- Post Donation Information
- Product Market Withdrawal and Recall.
- Product lookback
- Donor deferral review
- Duplicate Donor reconciliation
- Product quarantine and release evaluation.
- Develop, oversee and manage day to day operations of donor health functions. Areas of oversight include:
- Donor reaction review and follow-up
- Test result notification
- Donor reentry
- Post transfusion event evaluation
- Donor counseling
- Provide direction and oversight of departmental staff, including fostering an environment of staff growth and development.
- Evaluate data related to department functions and lead oversight and improvement opportunities when identified.
- Maintain departmental policies and SOPs.
- Oversee the completion of performance appraisals, counseling and disciplinary action for employees.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration within areas of oversight and with others within the organization.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Follow established quality control practices.
- Participate in external conferences, training sessions and reading publications to maintain a level of expertise in job-related areas.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a blood collector, hospital or other highly regulated environment.
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong, flexible interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Effective mentoring/coaching skills
- Skilled in documentation review with special emphasis on details
- Proficient computer skills
Submit your application to be considered for a position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=352472915
The Community Blood Center
4406 W Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer