Are you an experienced phlebotomist with great communication skills and a passion for helping others? Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day? Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you’re helping to save lives right here in our community.
The Community Blood Center is hiring a Training and Development Specialist responsible for conducting training, re-training, mentoring, competencies and CPR certifications for all Collections staff. Facilitates the new team member experience to include technical training, integration into the team and orientation to the organization, department and culture. Collaborates with others within the leadership of the department to maintain process consistency, uphold training requirements, ensure high levels of quality and compliance and pursue opportunities for improvement. Maintains proficiency as trainer by working in operational areas on a regular basis. Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. Assists the Collection Support Team as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Conducts training activities for the Collections department to include initial training, re-training, process update training, certification training and competency assessments. Ensures and monitors to ensure all training is completed as required.
- Facilitates the new team member experience to include deployment of technical training, development of proficiency, ensuring seamless transition and integration into the operational team and orientation to the organization, department and culture.
- Provides continual observations and feedback to team members to encourage confidence and competence.
- Provides guidance, feedback and instruction to staff members performing training or mentoring functions to ensure consistent training experiences for all staff.
- Utilizes appropriate adult learning principles to ensure the development of effective learning tactics and environments for the various types of training conducted within the department.
- Creates and maintains relevant training documents for the department. Identify training needs and make and implement recommendations for changes in curriculum for new hire training, re-training, cross-training, and competency evaluations.
- Responsible for CPR training and maintenance of all necessary certification documents.
- Perform all the duties described in the Donor Tech, Apheresis Tech, Donor Registration Attendant, and Donor Café Attendant job descriptions, as well as Collections Support Team functions.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for department staff, at all levels, in automated and/or non-automated blood collection and department information systems.
- Assist in development and writing of SOPs and related forms based on need and regulatory requirement.
- Assist the Collections Support Team with completion of daily tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of training experience in a technical setting
- Phlebotomy and donor screening experience required.
- Adult Learner teaching experience highly desirable.
- Automated Collections highly desirable.
- CPR certification required within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of AABB/FDA (highly desired)
- Previous medical training or certification is preferred
- Must maintain personal competency and expertise in current practice
- Timeliness in dissemination of knowledge
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective coach
- Computer literate
- Skilled in observation of operational tasks
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately
- High level of assessment skills
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your application today! https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=369249288