Are you an experienced phlebotomist with great communication skills and a passion for helping others?
The Community Blood Center is hiring a Training and Development Specialist. Your background and experience in phlebotomy will be used to manage the new team member experience, including technical training, integration into the team and orientation to the organization, department and culture. This key role collaborates with Collections department leadership to maintain process consistency, uphold training requirements, ensure high levels of quality and compliance, and pursue opportunities for enhancement. This position is a great fit for someone who can exercise discretion and independent judgment with operational and training matters of importance. Join us in our mission to Connect Lives; Share Life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Manages all training activities for the Collections department to include initial training, re-training, process update training, certification training and competency assessments. Ensures and monitors to ensure all training is completed as required.
- Manages the new team member experience to include deployment of technical training, development of proficiency, ensuring seamless transition and integration into the operational team and orientation to the organization, department and culture. Provides continual feedback to team members to encourage confidence and competence.
- Provides guidance, feedback and instruction to staff members performing training or mentoring functions to ensure consistent training experiences for all staff.
- Utilizes appropriate adult learning principles to ensure the development of effective learning tactics and environments for the various types of training conducted within the department.
- Responsible for writing and developing relevant training documents to support the work of the department.
- Perform all the duties described in the Donor Tech, Apheresis Tech, Donor Registration Attendant, and Donor Café Attendant job descriptions, as well as Collections Support Team functions.
- Responsible for CPR training and maintenance of all necessary certification documents.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for department staff, at all levels, in automated and/or non-automated blood collection and department information systems.
- Assist the Collections Support Team with completion of daily tasks, as needed.
- Identify training needs and make and implement recommendations for changes in curriculum for new hire training, re-training, cross-training, and competency evaluations.
- Identify trends in errors through data analysis and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Assist in development and writing of SOPs and related forms based on need and regulatory requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of training experience in a technical setting
- Phlebotomy and donor screening experience required.
- Adult Learner teaching experience highly desirable.
- Automated Collections highly desirable.
- CPR certification required within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of AABB/FDA (highly desired)
- Previous medical training or certification is preferred
- Must maintain personal competency and expertise in current practice
- Timeliness in dissemination of knowledge
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective coach
- Computer literate
- Skilled in observation of operational tasks
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately
- High level of assessment skills
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=335740864
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabilities