Community members encouraged to schedule a blood donation on Saturday, Dec. 26, 2020
The Community Blood Center (CBC) announces the 3rd Annual Holiday Blood Drive. Community members are encouraged to schedule a blood donation and give the gift of life this holiday season. While many things slow during the winter months, the need for blood doesn’t take a holiday.
What: The Community Blood Center Holiday Blood Drive
When: Saturday, December 26, 2020, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Fox Cities Exhibition Center, 355 W. Lawrence Street, Appleton
All presenting donors will receive a long-sleeved CBC t-shirt, chili lunch, and refreshments. Healthy and eligible donors are encouraged to schedule their donation by calling (800) 280-4102 or online at communityblood.org.
Patients rely on transfusions, regardless of COVID-19. Blood transfused to a patient must come from a volunteer blood donor. All blood types are important and needed to ensure a reliable blood supply today and into the months ahead.
Safety is a top priority at CBC. The following enhanced safety practices are in place to provide the safest donation experience possible:
- Appointments required: to ensure social distancing and manage the number of people gathered at one time
- Limited staffing: only those necessary to the blood collection process are allowed to work onsite
- Marks: are worn by all staff members and encouraged and provided for all donors
- Temperature pre-screening: to ensure health of donors immediately upon entry and staff before they work onsite
- Physical barriers: to add an extra layer of protection
- Enhanced registration: to protect your personal space and minimize exposure
- Snacks: all donor snacks are individually wrapped
- Hand wash and cough etiquette: is practiced by all staff members
- Additional sanitizing: in addition to the already rigorous cleaning process