The Community Blood Center is hiring a Laboratory Testing Supervisor to join our team!
The Laboratory Testing Supervisor is responsible for the daily oversight of workflow activities and the performance of tasks in the Testing Laboratory ensuring that the assigned team members perform functions in a manner that is compliant with all applicable regulations, standards, procedures and policies. They are also responsible for creating a collaborative and engaged working environment in which staff members are trained and competent to perform assigned duties to meet the needs of internal and external customers. This position works collaboratively with the Laboratory Management team to implement new testing, services, and process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Oversees the performance of daily activities in the Testing Laboratory and facilitates completion of all necessary tasks.
- Reviews records in a timely manner to ensure complete and accurate documentation of all necessary Laboratory functions.
- Participates in or functions as facilitator/project leader on process improvement initiatives or projects in the Laboratory and communicates information to Laboratory staff as necessary.
- Works closely with the Testing Support Specialist(s) during the implementation of new policies, processes and procedures as it relates to training and competency assessment.
- Works closely with management and team leaders to establish and maintain consistency and effective communications in the laboratory.
- Supports a working environment where staff growth, development, and training are promoted.
- Collaborates with staff and Lab Management to provide communication and support with training, corrective action and implementation activities.
- Conducts donor notifications, recalls, and lookbacks as necessary.
- May be trained to assist with, and/or support both Testing and Immunohematology processes.
- Responsible for the selection and hiring of qualified applicants for Laboratory Testing positions.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and time and attendance reviews.
- Oversees the completion of required training for new staff and training and competency of incumbent staff.
- Schedules, monitors, and tracks the successful completion of proficiency testing and required competency assessments for moderate and high complexity tasks.
- Responsible for performance appraisals and discipline of respective staff.
- Available by phone during off hours for assistance as needed.
- Attends conferences, seminars, continuing education events to stay up-to-date and current in their respective areas.
- Assists Laboratory Management with the annual budget and supplies respective to the areas of responsibility.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in MT/CLS(ASCP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Must meet the CLIA requirements for high complexity testing.
- Previous Laboratory experience and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership, staff development and team building skills
- Familiar working within a highly regulated environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to think independently and solve complex problems
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong monitoring, development and implementation skills.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- High level of data analysis skills
- Able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=335731271
The Community Blood Center
4406 W Spencer Street
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer