The Community Blood Center is hiring a Manager, Education and Staff Development to join our team!
The Manager, Education and Staff Development supports The Community Blood Center’s strategic objectives with education and staff development learning requirements that contribute to a high performance culture, cultivating employee engagement, productivity, empowerment, and quality. A key element of education and staff development centers around the attraction and retention of a high performing workforce.
This position focuses on education and staff development instructional design and builds and/or identifies programs to support employee and organization development. This role partners with leaders to identify training opportunities, develop their team members and support career pathing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or external resources.
- Design, plan, organize, or administer training programs for employees or leaders.
- Offer specific training programs to help employees improve or attain job skills.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not achieved.
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts.
- Evaluate modes of training delivery, such as in-person or virtual to optimize training effectiveness, training costs, or environmental impacts.
- Attend meetings or seminars to obtain information for use in training programs or to inform management of training program status.
- Monitor training costs and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
- Select and assign instructors to conduct training.
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, or instructor
- Devise programs to develop employees for future career opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Management, Organization Development or other related field
- Adult training experience in business/professional environments
- Progressive experience in a leadership-based learning and development or training function required
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering curriculum, training, and development programs required.
- Knowledge in Learning Management systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Effective communicator both written and verbal. Able to establish rapport with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and accomplish objectives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to lift and carry training materials to remote locations. May need to travel to remote locations via car.
To be considered for this position, submit your application to: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=335682315