The Community Blood Center is hiring a Special Procedures and Donor Relations Coordinator to join our team!
The Special Procedures and Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and coordinating the Special Procedures, Donor Notification, Market Withdrawal/Recall, and Donor Reaction processes while assuring that all American Association of Blood Bank (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and CBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Exhibit exceptional customer service at all times. Interact professionally with donors, patients, and medical professionals.
- Maintain and coordinate Special Procedure orders:
- Evaluate orders from physicians
- Establish professional relationships with physicians and office staff.
- Review donor/patient health history
- Schedule appointments.
- Consult with patient’s physician(s) and blood center medical directors as necessary.
- Communicate special procedure processes and status changes with donors, physician clinics, and hospital laboratories.
- Evaluate and address staff and/or donor concerns regarding eligibility, post-donation information, and other medical related issues.
- Coordinate with blood center and customer staff to ensure Recall and Market Withdrawl of blood products is timely and complete.
- Maintain, perform and coordinate blood donor reaction and injury procedures including communicating with donors regarding donor reactions, arm injuries, and other medical related issues.
- Maintain BCx insurance database on donor injuries.
- Maintain, perform and coordinate Donor Notification and Reentry procedures including communication with donors regarding test results and donation eligibility status.
- Resolve suspect duplicate donor investigations.
- Coordinate the employee blood exposure program.
- Coordinate the annual employee flu vaccinations.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Follow established quality control practices.
- Participate in external conferences, training sessions and reading publications to maintain a level of expertise in job-related areas.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- RN or LPN licensed in the state of Wisconsin.
- 2-5 years of clinical experience in acute care, medical office setting, or equivalent experience.
- Strong, flexible interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Effective mentoring/coaching skills
- Skilled in documentation review with special emphasis on details
- Basic computer skills
Submit your application to be considered: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=318921411
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabilities