The Community Blood Center is hiring a Collections Quality Specialist to join our team!
The Collections Quality Specialist is responsible for Collections and Lab document control including but not limited to retention, inventory and distribution. Responsible for training, competency, asset, donation record and any additional administrative entry, as needed. Responsible for Collections quality control in review of daily QC records and registration forms and review of donor deferrals, and initiation of corrective action, as necessary. Responsible for providing subject matter expert knowledge and guidance related to donor eligibility and/or product suitability.
Hours & Schedule: Monday – Friday – 5:00am-1:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Serves as an equally shared resource between Collections and Laboratory Departments.
- Responsible for the completion of donor data entry. Consistently and accurately captures donor and donation data into the applicable computer systems.
- Prepares and transfers records for document retention
- Enter training and competency records into the quality management system.
- Maintain records within the laboratory as directed
- Assists with SOP implementation, document control and forms management.
- Assists with data entry and documents related to product transfers.
- Operates the Laserfiche system to access and print documents, as needed.
- Performs Collections quality control functions including document
- reconciliation and review, data entry and audit reports. Perform donor contact as required by SOP.
- Conducts suspect duplicate donor investigations.
- Assists with investigative and corrective actions for CAPA, Correction
- Reports, and Evaluation of Non-Conforming Products.
- Assist in collections telephone help line coverage, product recalls, and product evaluation as needed.
- Evaluates and triages Receipt of Donor Information forms.
- Evaluate and address donor concerns regarding eligibility, post-donation information and reactions.
- Participates in Collections Support Line on call phone rotation
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOP’s, or directives. Follows established Quality Control practices.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending mandatory inservices, employee forums, training sessions and/or reading publications.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-Year Degree desired or equivalent related work experience.
- Computer skills highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in observation of operational tasks.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately.
- Strong attention to detail.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ShowJob=318911233
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran