The Community Blood Center is hiring a Donor Services Team Lead to join our team!
The Donor Services Team Lead is responsible for coordinating the Donor Registration Attendants on a day-to-day basis. Responsible for ensuring donor registration performs per Community Blood Center, Inc. (CBC), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and regulatory guidelines. Collaborates with the Collection leadership to facilitate communication between the staff, internal customers as well as external customers. May be assigned to other operations as needed. Conducts assigned tasks with the expectation of achieving the designated product collection goals. Works variable hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits superior customer service at all times. Ensures registration team provides excellent customer service by greeting in a warm and welcoming manner, registering donors and encourage donors to reschedule their next visit.
- Excels in performing all the duties described in the Donor Registration Attendant and Donor Cafe Attendant job descriptions while training, coaching and mentoring the team to meet the those expectations as well.
- Creates the daily work schedule and assures staff assignments are carried out adequately. Keeps overtime to a minimum by efficiently executing staff assignments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications/software used by the department. Creates and modifies schedules within the software.
- Ensures that the team maintains accurate records and provides excellent customer service. Conducts monthly 1 on 1 meetings with assigned team members to share performance results.
- Monitors the platelet and blood type inventory and donor schedules at the various fixed sites and mobile operations to determine which donors to call and/or schedule.
- Assists with creating agendas and conducting team meetings.
- Assists in monitoring the CBC email account on a daily basis; responds to donors with accurate and timely information.
- Assists registration staff in resolving donor eligibility and difficult registration issues or questions by using critical thinking and effective communication.
- Counsels staff on errors that occurred while performing work duties. Holds staff accountable for performance goals including appointment rescheduling, apheresis conversion, and quality of work.
- Assures the registration areas at each site are maintained to ensure a clean, safe working environment with adequate supplies.
- Provides prompt, accurate documentation in QMS of deviation management follow up actions with Donor Attendants.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-service, training sessions and reading publications.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
- Supervisory skills, work schedule planning, coordination, and experience highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- Ability to relate well to others.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=318919299