The Community Blood Center is hiring an Account Manager to join our team!
The Account Manager will identify and recruit mobile blood-drive sponsor groups, requiring direct, one-on-one contact with leaders of businesses and institutions throughout the community. Give formal presentations to these leaders or to groups as part of on-going community relations awareness, education and donor recruitment programs. Coach and assist blood-drive coordinators in planning donor recruitment programs and activities in detail by providing information, promotional material, support and training as required. Develop strategic account plans to drive growth in production. Work irregular hours, including occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends, making presentations and meeting with drive chair-persons to ensure blood drives operate smoothly and efficiently.
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
Executes account recruitment plans in support of the CBC Strategic Plan and Recruitment Goals and Objectives that will result in productive, cost-effective mobile drives to provide an adequate, safe community blood supply.
- Schedules blood drives in compliance with cGMP, SOPs and mobile scheduling guidelines to maximize the efficient use of resources.
- Projects mobile blood drive collections within acceptable ranges for individual drives and meets or exceeds monthly and annual goals.
- Maintains accurate records of recruitment activities, sponsor group information and blood drive results.
- Works closely with blood drive chairpersons to ensure a successful blood drive; provides training and assists the coordinator as necessary well in advance of the blood drive.
- Leverages marketing materials, reports and correspondence with sponsors.
- Conducts professional formal public speaking presentations to donor group leaders and other audiences to inspire, educate and motivate.
- After a blood drive, follows up in a timely manner with sponsor group coordinator to assess effectiveness of the blood drive, make recommendations for improvement, and schedule next blood drive; completes evaluation and submits appropriate reports.
- Conducts in-depth account analysis to determine production potential.
- Develops strategic account plans to facilitate long-range planning.
- Recognizes and acts on new sales opportunities to build account portfolio.
- Applies effective sales skills to maximize account productivity.
- Demonstrates sales team leadership.
- Mentors and trains account associates and account specialists.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains sound business relationships.
- Demonstrates accountability for individual and team recruitment activities and goals.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs and/or departmental directives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A proven, successful track record of outside sales experience which includes strategic account planning and achievement of production targets.
- Ability to apply a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Must be highly self-motivated, able to schedule and follow-up on meetings with minimal direct supervision
- Must possess negotiation skills to resolve issues professionally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license to operate a personal and CBC vehicles.
Submit your application today to join our team! https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=318899908
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran