The Community Blood Center is hiring a Production, Distribution & QC Technician to join our Laboratory team!
The Production, Distribution and QC Technician is responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory procedures involved in component preparation, labeling, storage, distribution, and component quality control. Also responsible for performing selected laboratory testing processes as needed.
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday – Thursday 8:30pm – 7:00am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares high quality components, filters, stores, labels, ships, and irradiates blood components as applicable.
- Performs required equipment maintenance and QC on a timely basis.
- Prepares recovered components for shipments.
- May be responsible for delivery of blood to local customers on an as needed emergency backup basis.
- Monitors and evaluates temperature recording devices.
- Checks computer data entry, work-lists, and component inventories for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs selected laboratory testing as required.
- Responsible for performance of product quality control and assists with evaluating products found to fail quality control.
- Responsible for the performance of bacterial inoculation or pathogen reduction of apheresis platelets as required by applicable regulations and SOPs.
- Ability to perform rWBC counts for QC as eligible per CLIA requirements for high complexity testing.
- Adequately performs proficiency survey samples and competency assessments.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, and presents a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending staff meetings, inservices and training sessions, and reading publications.
- Associate Degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology program preferred.
- Must meet the CLIA requirements to perform moderate to high complexity testing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to follow and perform procedures with accuracy and attentive to detail.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- High level of assessment skills.
- Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels.
- Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
- Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=335713088
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer