Are you looking for a career where you make a difference every day? Are you driven to make an impact on peoples’ lives? Do you thrive in an environment with challenge and change? The Community Blood Center is growing both in reputation and in the communities we serve. We are looking for a passionate leader to help us with this growth and continuous improvement. You will work with a dynamic team of 60 staff and volunteers united in the mission of Connecting Lives | Sharing Life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for aspects of mobile blood collection functions to include relevant automated and whole blood collections to include staff, schedules, logistics, compliance, staff and donor safety and process improvement.
Key areas of focus will be:
- Increasing staff engagement and retention
- Improve schedule process
- Coach and develop team members to align with the career ladder progression
- Have a visible presence in the field developing relationships with staff
- Increase hiring and work to improve new hire orientation and annual competency process
- Maintain financial stability
- Increase staff efficiency of workflows
- Improve donor flow and remove redundant or unnecessary processes
- Reduce errors and preventable discards
- Increase Automation utilization on mobile drives
- Grow blood supply
- Work collaboratively with other departments to streamline donor flow (Registration, Donor Recruitment, Call Center and Lab)
- Continue to improve donor satisfaction using AIDET Customer Service program
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years management experience required. Medical background or previous blood center experience desired.
- Excellent leadership, staff development and team building skills
- Experience leading through others
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to think independently and solve complex problems
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=302161744
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer