The Community Blood Center is hiring a Public Relations & Community Engagement Specialist to join our Marketing Team!
This position is essential in communicating CBC’s mission and value to external audiences. The PR & Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for community outreach efforts, media relations, social media, enhanced brand awareness, events, promotions, materials, and raises CBC’s community engagement through coordination with local organizations, participation at community events, and communicating with our communities-at-large. The PR & Community Engagement Specialist will build a network of relationships throughout the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Media & Public Relations
- Grow and foster relationships with media outlets, professional contacts and community groups throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest.
- Maintain a strong public presence by executing PR strategies that increase visibility and brand awareness in social and digital media, and marketing and communications initiatives.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests, and coordinate interviewees and locations.
- Write, distribute and manage CBC press releases, including maintaining a press release database.
- Arrange and conduct public appearances, speaking engagements, promotions, or events to increase brand awareness and promote CBC.
- Create and communicate key talking points for staff and media partners.
- Communicate media messaging/press releases to various audiences, both internal and external.
- Interface with strategic community partners and vendors to develop/maintain strong working partnerships, including the management of the Community Partner of the Week Program, as well as the creation of other initiative to support organizational objectives.
- Social Media
- Develop, execute & manage social media channels, video, content calendars and blog.
- Design, produce and publish high-quality, creative content across social media platforms that promote CBC messages and brand.
- Research, explore and test new social media outlets and create recommendations for new social outlets and enhancements to existing channels.
- Coordinate and integrate social media content with other communications projects and event calendars.
- Monitor social media sites and appropriately respond to all inquiries and comments in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategies.
- Coordinate the development of multimedia content for donor stories, internal/external videos, promotional videos, professional or internal photography, and other organization-wide projects.
- Build relationships to tell the stories of blood donors and recipients. Create and manage these relationships as well as a contact and content records database.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit creative content to increase brand awareness.
- Develop content for multi-platform outlets including print, television, digital, email, website and social media platforms.
- Manage, plan, write and distribute the internal CBC newsletter and external Stay Connected e-communications.
- Write and proofread collateral and other marketing communications while maintaining the CBC brand.
- Assist in creating, developing, proofreading and managing content for organization’s website.
- Additional Marketing and Communication Responsibilities
- Be a resource for the Donor Recruitment team/department to provide brand and promotional support.
- Create and attend community awareness initiatives promoting the blood center and special events.
- Lead, coordinate and attend CBC’s presence in the annual Appleton Holiday Parade.
- Assist in coordinating and managing special event planning, set-up, day-of execution and take down.
- Conduct education programs and tours for donor groups, businesses and schools related to the importance of blood donation. Coordinate with various internal departments.
- Coordinate the development and execution of special promotions or campaigns, including summer promotions, the Path4Platelets Program and other initiatives throughout the year.
- Create, maintain and evaluate annual advertising strategy.
- Create and maintain CBC fact database.
- Maintain confidentiality of CBC, donor, and patient information at all times. Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services, training sessions, and reading publications.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, communications and public relations.
- Proficient, in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Basic graphic design experience is desirable.
- This position will work variable hours, including early morning and late evening activities, as well as weekends, traveling to events, and occasional overnight stays.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and public speaking skills,
- Highly self-motivated, independent and accountable to tasks, deadlines and projects.
- Media and public relations experience including working with news media outlets, reporters, editors, producers to pitch stories, coordinate interviews, write talking points, coach interviewees, repurpose media stories and track media successes.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and digital marketing methods and market research methods.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of documents and results, and write high-quality materials and articles in a pre-designed style and format.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity, manage multiple projects and work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward donors, co-workers, vendors and the community.
- Knowledge of the blood banking industry is a plus.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=235236163
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran