The Community Blood Center is hiring a Laboratory Assistant to join our team!
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for reliable performance of laboratory and laboratory related functions at the North Woods fixed site on and on-call/as needed basis.
Hours and Schedule:
On-call weekend hours and holidays as needed.
Friday 6pm – Monday at 6am – On Call
Training may occur during weekday hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exhibits exceptional customer service at all times with internal and external customers.
- Ensures all laboratory functions are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Appropriately stores and inventories blood components.
- Covers Laboratory activities on a rotational call basis.
- Arranges for transportation of sample tubes or blood products to the main site in Appleton.
- Delivers labeled components in a timely manner to the local service area hospitals.
- Ensures proper function of refrigerators/freezers by monitoring and evaluating temperature recording devices.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Adheres to all work rules, SOP, regulatory, safety, cGMP, and CBC Handbook guidelines and requirements.
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and dependability.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience
- Background in biology or health sciences preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to follow directions with accuracy
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- High level of assessment skills
- Able to work with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to deliver blood products to hospitals
- Employee may be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your application today to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/8026.careers?ApplyToJob=352494359
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran