We are hiring a Donor Technician to join our new operation in Chicago!
The Donor Technician is responsible for ensuring donor suitability and performing whole blood collection procedures per applicable regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Performs routine procedures using equipment available and according to manufacturer and regulatory guidelines. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance as required by the manufacturer and SOP.
- Determines the eligibility and suitability of blood donors and documents findings during health history screening according to standard operating procedures and maintains an acceptable deferral rate.
- Performs whole blood collection procedures according to standard operating procedures and performance expectation standards of: WB: QNS Rate < 3%, draws 2 beds
- Ensures donor consents are appropriately obtained
- Exhibits exceptional customer service at all times.
- Completes and actively participates in all required training within designated time frames.
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and dependability to create a collaborative and engaged working environment
- Achieves and maintains acceptable performance measures.
- Attends department meetings, Employee Forums, and other mandatory meetings, and in-services as required.
- Completes competency evaluations/exams as directed.
- Demonstrates professional attire and appearance at all times.
- Responsible for routinely checking email and mailboxes for pertinent communication.
- Demonstrates professional communication with co-workers, leadership and community members.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of documentation including but not limited to: manual time cards, receipts, credit card reconciliation, and deviation management follow up.
EDUCATION: High School education or equivalency required. C.N.A. or M.A. experience desired
EXPERIENCE: Previous phlebotomy experience and medical terminology required
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Observation and performance of repetitive tasks.
- Accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Utilizing resource materials and utilizing mentors, supervisors and training staff appropriately.
- Assessment of donor suitability based on established criteria
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Valid Driver’s license required.
Submit your application to be considered: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=235233604
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran