The Community Blood Center is hiring a Donor Collections Coordinator to join our new Chicago operation!
The Donor Collections Coordinator is responsible for ensuring donor suitability and collection of blood in accordance with all applicable regulations, standards, procedures and policies at the assigned donor collection operation. Performs Team Supervisor functions during assigned donor collection operations in the absence of a Team Supervisor. Ensures an engaged working environment that provides exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
1. Ensures the assigned donor collection operation is operating in accordance with all applicable regulations, standards, policies and procedures. This includes coaching staff and volunteers on appropriate performance. Manages the working environment to ensure collaboration and teamwork occurs.
2. Appropriately manages donor flow and ensures all donors, sponsors and coordinators receive exceptional customer service.
3. Ensures all pre-drive functions are appropriately completed and assigns staff duties during the course of the blood collection operation.
4. Performs all the technical functions required of the assigned function or operation which may including proficiency in whole blood collections at the Donor Specialist job description and may include:
a. Setting up and running a mobile operation in accordance with all applicable regulations either on a mobile vehicle or inside a sponsoring organization
b. Effectively interacting and establishing positive relationships with sponsoring organizations and blood drive coordinators
c. Performing automated procedures as assigned to the designated team (e.g. Alyx operation for mobile teams and Trima operation for donor center teams, as applicable)
5. Serves as a resource for team members to include the resolution of donor eligibility and other technical issues.
6. Ensures the blood collection areas are maintained and managed to ensure a clean, safe working environment
7. Responsible for ensuring adequate supplies and equipment are available to the team to perform job duties.
8. Performs Collections QC functions including DRF review, completing Correction Reports, performing audits, reviewing QC records and data sheets, and assisting with QC activities as requested.
9. Maintains applicable documentation and provides information to the Team Supervisor regarding issues or concerns.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalency required AND at least six months of progressive experience or equivalent
- Post-secondary education highly desirable.
- Trained and competent in whole blood collections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Supervisor experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- High level of organizational skills required
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Problem-solving aptitude
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Valid Driver’s license required.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=235233605
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer