The Community Blood Center is hiring a Courier to join our team!
The Courier is responsible for scheduled blood pick-ups at Mobile and Fixed Sites and delivers supplies to the fixed cites.
Hours & Schedule:
20 hours/week; some weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Picks up blood at fixed sites and mobile drives as scheduled.
- Delivers supplies to fixed sites and mobile drives as scheduled.
- Exchanges blood inventory at service area hospitals as scheduled.
- Returns trash and biowaste from fixed sites and deposits it in the appropriate place.
- Identifies routine vehicle needs and notifies Management or Administrative Services of additional maintenance.
- Takes vans to car wash as needed to maintain clean appearance.
- Vacuums vans as needed.
- Ensures that gas tanks of the vans are filled as necessary.
- Helps in preparation of shipping boxes.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Practices good customer service skills.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending required meetings, inservices and training sessions, and reading publications.
- Requires valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50-pound coolers and boxes.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to organize daily work around scheduled blood pick-ups and deliveries.
Submit your application to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=235235397
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran