The Community Blood Center is hiring a Volunteer Program Manager to join our team!
The main goal of the Volunteer Program Manager is to ensure that the organization has enough volunteers to fulfill its mission. This role is responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling and producing reports to ensure the volunteer program is meeting its goals. This role also collaborates with cross functional teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains an adequate number of volunteer staff members by actively recruiting new volunteers to perform the duties of registration, café and courier duties.
- Trains volunteers to ensure adequate compliance is maintained while performing their duties. Continuously provides feedback and documents prompt follow-up when errors are made to help prevent future occurrence.
- Assures the daily work volunteer schedule is carried out adequately. Counsels with volunteers regarding any concerns.
- Develops, nurtures and maintains productive professional relationships with applicable external stakeholders to create awareness and education of the organization and the roles for volunteers.
a. Serves as the primary contact within the organization for volunteer-related functions and activities.
b. Attends appropriate community events to develop professional relationships.
- Develops and deploys effective regular communication to volunteers consistent with brand guidelines and brand voice.
- Orients volunteers to CBC, its programs and role in the community. Schedules and conducts training for registration and cafe duties, to include Health and Safety and cGMP training (by appropriate CBC personnel).
- Tracks volunteer hours and utilization to produce necessary reports.
- Maintains accurate records of volunteer contacts, to include email addresses and work status.
- Manages the budget for the volunteer department.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure needs of the operation are fulfilled, as applicable with volunteer roles.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior Coordinator or Supervisory experience highly desirable.
- 3-5 years experience managing volunteers and/or volunteer programs
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient Microsoft skills.
Submit your application today to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=218495874
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer