The Community Blood Center is seeking a Manager for our Appleton Laboratory Operations with a passion for leading others, and experience leading laboratory testing, component, and hospital service activities.
Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day? Come work for an organization that gives back – connecting lives; sharing life!
When you join our team at The Community Blood Center, you’re helping save lives right here in our community!
We are a non-profit organization that collects blood from donors, processes it in our lab, and prepares it for hospital patients. We currently provide 20+ Wisconsin and Michigan hospitals with a full range of blood components, including red blood cells, platelets and plasma.
If you have prior experience in laboratory operations and are passionate about helping others in the community, we invite you to join our team!
Lab Manager – Overview:
Our Lab Manager plans, manages and supervises all laboratory testing, component, and hospital service activities. They are responsible for providing oversight of the Laboratory department including monitoring, correcting, improving, and updating all technical, regulatory, administrative, and personnel activities.
The Lab Manager has a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Researches, consults and confers with the Medical Director, Executive Leaders, and blood center staff to ensure lab operations meet regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all aspects of quality control related to Laboratory operations are performed and documented as required.
- Responsible for accomplishment of key department and organizational objectives.
- Evaluates processes for trends on an on-going basis and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with managers and leaders throughout the organization.
- Creates and fosters an environment of highly engaged staff where staff growth, development, communication and training are promoted.
- Prepares and reviews annual budget for Laboratory areas and adjust operations as needed.
- Evaluates new processes and procedures in areas of oversight collections. Responsible for maintaining all SOPs necessary to meet requirements of the FDA, AABB, and other regulatory agencies.
- Oversees reference testing, reviews all workups, accessible by phone for assistance, provides guidance for staff and acts as technical liaison between the CBC Laboratory and the company’s blood donors and hospital customers.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of moderate and/or high complexity test performance (as applicable) by testing personnel.
- Complies with CBC policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- MT(ASCP) or equivalent certification.
- A minimum of two years’ lab experience in high complexity testing.
- Meets the educational requirements of CLIA to perform GS and TC duties.
- MT(ASCP)SBB is preferred for reference testing oversight.
- Strong working knowledge of blood center laboratory practices, equipment, and regulations.
- Excellent leadership, staff development and team building skills.
- Ability to think independently and solve complex problems.
- Budget preparation and monitoring skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates continuing education/participation in blood banking or related disciplines.
- Maintains personal competence and expertise in current practice and future trends in laboratory methods.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Submit your resume to join our team: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=218483843
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer