Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day? Come work for an organization that gives back – connecting lives; sharing life!
The Community Blood Center is seeking a Laboratory Assistant responsible for reliable performance of laboratory and laboratory related functions at the North Woods fixed site on an on-call/as needed basis.
When you join our team at The Community Blood Center, you’re helping save lives right here in our community!
We are a non-profit organization that collects blood from donors, processes it in our lab, and prepares it for hospital patients. We currently provide 20+ Wisconsin and Michigan hospitals with a full range of blood components, including red blood cells, platelets and plasma.
Hours: On call Friday, 6pm – Monday, 6am and approximately every third weekend
Will require driving to Woodruff site location on Saturday and Sunday for temperature checks as well as STAT deliveries as needed.
Company vehicle provided for hospital deliveries. Preferably candidate will be able to report to Woodruff location within 60 minutes of call.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Exhibits exceptional customer service at all times with internal and external customers.
- Ensures all laboratory functions are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Appropriately stores and inventories blood components.
- Covers Laboratory activities on a rotational call basis.
- Arranges for transportation of sample tubes or blood products to the main site in Appleton.
- Delivers labeled components in a timely manner to the local service area hospitals.
- Ensures proper function of refrigerators/freezers by monitoring and evaluating temperature recording devices.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Adheres to all work rules, SOP, regulatory, safety, cGMP, and CBC Handbook guidelines and requirements.
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and dependability.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School diploma, or equivalent experience
Experience: Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
Strong telephone and interpersonal skills
Able to follow directions with accuracy
High level of assessment skills
Valid Driver’s License and ability to deliver blood products to hospitals
Skills: Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
Background in biology or health sciences preferred
Employee may be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Able to work with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels
Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
Excellent customer service skills
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
The Community Blood Center
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer