The Community Blood Center is hiring a Director, Information Systems to join our team!
The Director, Information Systems serves as a member of the management team, plans, directs, manages and coordinates development and production activities of information systems department. Assists in the development and directs successfully execution of plans to complete projects in support of cross-functional business operations and technical initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Direct daily operations of Information Services department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Consult with users, colleagues, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Evaluate the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades
- Manage backup and security of network systems.
- Manage Help Desk Services including ensuring that help desk tickets are properly and timely serviced and documented.
- Establish and maintain IS policies, SOPs, protocol and security measures to ensure feasible and cost-effective information process operations as well as safeguard information resources.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Create and execute project plans; revise them as appropriate for project needs. Maintain the scope of projects and manage change requests appropriately.
- Facilitate and coordinate project activities and tasks to execute project plan.
- Track status and metrics on the project delivery and value; escalate issues to leadership team upon identification of significant deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
- Resolve project-related issues in a timely fashion.
- Provides guidance and supervision to the Information Systems Department and assigned staff.
- Coach and develop staff to support organizational change and growth
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years IT-related management experience.
- Proven experience in IT strategy, planning and management.
- Proven project management experience.
- SQL Server experience required.
- Hands-on experience supporting a Microsoft Server Production Environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of security, telecommunications, network, PC operating systems, current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Extensive application support experience and understanding of current applications and trends in IT-related technology, including web-hosting, cloud computing.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong knowledge of business software planning, procurement, implementation, development and support.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information related to computer technology to direct company in the selection of software and hardware to meet the organizational priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Problem solving skills – ability to approach issues logically, analytically
- Thorough understanding of the impact of actions on the organization.
- Strong initiative and follow through skills.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboards.
- Lifting objects up to 35 lbs.
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer