The Community Blood Center is looking for a Network Administrator to join our Information Systems team!
The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining our current systems, ensuring the organization’s network is secure, up to date and running smoothly, along with keeping our (IT support) staff updated on the latest tools and processes. This role will support a number of teams and individuals, while managing our organization’s network, preventing and fixing network issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with departmental managers to plan for network changes and determine future network needs.
- Responsible for networks, software and hardware, and the teams and end users they support.
- Creatively solve problems, while looking for ways to improve in an always changing technological environment.
- Maintain computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring network performance.
- Install, maintain and support LANs, WANs, network hardware/software, network segments and internet systems.
- Upgrade, repair and maintain network and computer systems.
- Evaluate and modify systems performance.
- Analyze and isolate issues; diagnose and resolve problems or potential problems within the network systems, hardware and software.
- Evaluate network performance and issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Perform network monitoring and analysis; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Design and deploy networks using best practices in accordance with required security protocols.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Engage in network troubleshooting activities regularly and resolve network connectivity issues.
- Assign authorization of directory services and configuration of authentication.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Job Qualifications Requirements:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in a computer-related field and a minimum of 2 years related job experience
- Other equivalent combinations of education/years of experience may be considered
- Ideally 2+ years’ successful network troubleshooting experience
- Requires a thorough knowledge of hardware, software, networking essentials, network operating systems, network architecture, configuration and protocols
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred
- Prior experience managing a complex network
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office, including proficiency in MS Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Ability to explore, diagnose and solve problems logically and consistently
- Robust critical thinking abilities, proven problem-solving and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with any level of individual within the organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on details
- Professionalism, with patience and understanding in working with all users
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to complete complex projects with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to learn, evolve and adapt to new technologies and techniques
- Effective time management skills; ability to manage several projects, people and/or problems simultaneously
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboards.
- Lifting objects up to 35 lbs.
Submit your application today to be considered for this position!
Apply here: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218458252
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer