Want to save lives? That’s what we do every day at The Community Blood Center…
We are looking for team members who are friendly, detail-oriented, exhibits a team attitude, and provides exceptional customer service to join our Collections Team! Our mission is to Connect Lives; Share Life.
Donor Technicians are responsible for ensuring donor suitability and performing whole blood collection procedures per regulatory and Standard Operating Procedures.
Schedule and Training:
At CBC, we strive to provide a work-life balance for staff and to do that, we offer:
- Every other weekend off for Donor Technicians.
- Advanced notice of schedules.
- Schedule consists of days, evenings, rotating weekends, and rotating holidays.
- We have part-time (30 hrs/wk) and full-time positions available!
- On-the-job, paid, and hands on training for those with no experience and those with many years of experience.
- 8-12 weeks of paid, on the job training
Wages, Benefits & More:
- Competitive starting salary – we also compensate for advanced degrees and/previous work experience.
- Weekend shift differential.
- Select benefits packages for both part time and full time employees – see our website for details!
- Career ladder that offers employees opportunities for advancement, knowledge growth, and wage growth.
- Additional compensation for candidates who possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform phlebotomy and whole blood collection.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures, and perform medical history review.
- Demonstrate teamwork, flexibility and dependability.
- Comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality- of -product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
Education: High School education or equivalency required.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Observation and performance of repetitive tasks.
- Accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Ability to regularly push, pull and lift supplies and equipment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 5 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 30 pounds. Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear.
Disclaimer: We currently do not offer summer only work for this position.
Submit your application today: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=235224129
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran