Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day? The Community Blood Center is looking for Donor Technicians who are thoughtful, portray accuracy within their daily work, and are looking for advancement opportunities. The right candidate will be friendly, detail-oriented, exhibit a cooperative team attitude and provide outstanding customer service.
Donor Technicians are responsible for ensuring donor suitability and performing whole blood or automated collection procedures per regulatory and Standard Operating Procedures. On-the-job phlebotomy training is provided and opportunities for growth are available.
Our mission is to connect lives and share life requires a high level of flexibility. Donor Technician shifts consist of days, evenings, rotating weekends and holidays. CBC currently offers every other weekend off for Donor Technicians and strives to provide work-life balance for staff.
We have part-time (20 hrs/wk) and full-time (36 to 40 hrs/wk) positions available! Donor Technician positions offer a competitive starting wage, with paid on-site training and no prior experience necessary. The Community Blood Center compensates for advance degrees and/or previous relevant work experience.
Additionally, CBC offers an excellent benefit program for full-time employees, along with additional opportunities for candidates who possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform phlebotomy and whole blood collection.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures, and perform medical history review.
- Demonstrate teamwork, flexibility and dependability.
- Comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality- of -product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- High School education or equivalency required.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Observation and performance of repetitive tasks.
- Accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Ability to regularly push, pull and lift supplies and equipment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift. Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 5 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 30 pounds. Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance. Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://secure5.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218456711
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran