The Community Blood Center is looking for a Donor Services Attendant to join our team!
- Provides customer service to donors to include: conversation during waits and during donation, providing amenities to make donors comfortable and ensuring donors feel appreciated and valued.
- Warmly greets and registers donors, instructs donors to complete appropriate paperwork and answer donor questions. Together with Donor Collection Coordinator/designee ensure appropriate donor flow.
- Greets guests/contractors and contacts appropriate blood center personnel. Notifies appropriate CBC personnel of deliveries.
- As needed, performs café attendant duties.
- Monitors donors for any adverse post-donation reactions and summons assistance from the collection staff.
- Serves refreshments to donors. Replenishes the refreshments and cafe supplies. Maintains a clean, neat setting in the cafe, including any housekeeping tasks indicated.
- Reschedules donors for future appointments prior to their departing.
- Performs appointment reminder calls to donors at both donor centers and mobiles.
- Monitors and submits supply order forms to purchasing agent on a timely basis.
- Provides oversight to assigned volunteers as needed.
- Provides donors with information regarding the blood center, blood donation types and/or CBC programs, and informs donors of their donation level.
- Assists with clerical, reception tasks and any other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-service, training sessions and reading publications.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to relate well with others
- Reliable transportation
- Date entry/computer skills
- Attentive to detail and possess good follow-through skills
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must maintain confidentiality of CBC and donor information
- Must act in a professional manner
- Ability to work without continuous supervision or direction
- May occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds
- Primarily Monday – Friday with rotating weekends.
- 20 hours per week.
Apply today to join our team: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=218470721
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St. Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran