Are you looking for more meaning in your career? Are you driven by creating a culture of highly-engaged staff, collaborating to provide customers with exceptional services?
Our organization is growing through a reputation of being committed to the local community and serving patients through blood donation. We are the primary blood provider to over 20 hospitals in Northeast and North Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and are looking for a dynamic leader for our blood collection team.
You will coach and engage a team of 60 staff, create and implement systems and processes to provide outstanding service to blood donors and blood drive sponsors and be part of a team of professionals united in the mission of Connecting Lives l Sharing Life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing the processes, infrastructure, staff and training to ensure exceptional service is provided to all blood donors and blood drive sponsors.
- Creates and fosters an environment of highly engaged staff where staff growth, development and training are promoted.
- Responsible for oversight of the activities of Collections staff and ensuring all processes are compliant and safe. Oversight consists of allocation of resources, monitoring, correcting, improving and updating all technical, regulatory, administrative, and personnel functions.
- Responsible for accomplishment of key department and organizational objectives including assigned goals, operational productivity targets, compliance measures and staff engagement metrics.
- Provide direction to the Collections Support Team to maintain a collaborative and compliant environment to meet the needs of the Collection operations.
- Collaborate, research, consult and confer with applicable blood center staff to ensure donor suitability meets regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with quality control functions, documents and industry regulations. Stay current on changing regulations and impact to areas of oversight.
- Evaluate data related to area of oversight, identify trends and drive process improvement by working through others.
- Ensure the evaluation of donor concerns, especially regarding post donation injuries are handled in a timely and positive manner.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration within areas of oversight and with others within the organization.
- Prepare annual budget for collection and donor services area and monitor regularly. Develop plans to maintain or adjust operations as needed based on financial forecasting.
- Evaluate, develop and implement new processes and procedures in areas of oversight. Responsible for maintaining all SOPs necessary to meet requirements of the FDA, AABB, and other regulatory agencies.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending inservices and training sessions and reading publications.
Position Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree desired.
10 years management experience required, ideally with increasing levels of responsibility.
Medical background or previous blood center experience desired.
Excellent leadership, staff development and team building skills
Experience effectively leading through others
Familiar working within a highly regulated environment
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
Ability to think independently and solve complex problems
Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional customer service skills.
Strong monitoring, development and implementation skills.
Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
High level of data analysis skills
Budget preparation and monitoring skills
Able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Do you meet the qualifications and requirements? If so, submit your resume and application today to be considered for this position with The Community Blood Center.
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St. Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran