The Community Blood Center is looking for a Director for our new Chicago Operations.
The Director, Chicago Operations will be collaborating with executive-level management in the development and expansion of blood recruitment and collections activities in Chicago.
The Community Blood Center is an innovative, forward-thinking organization focused on fulfilling donor experience and staying a trusted healthcare partner for exceptional patient outcomes. We’re committed to helping community first, serving patients throughout blood donation with a promise to provide a nurturing environment in which to donate blood.
As the primary contact for local partners and community representatives, the Director, Chicago Operations will be responsible for creating an engaged, collaborative, and productive culture while ensuring blood donors and blood drive sponsors receive best-in-class service. Accountable for ensuring operations are compliant with all applicable regulations, standards, and organizational policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes to include donor recruitment and collection activities
- Responsible for providing the processes, infrastructure, staff and training to ensure exceptional service is provided to all blood donors and blood drive sponsors.
- Responsible for accomplishment of key department and organizational objectives.
- Plan, monitor and analyze key metrics of recruitment and operational functions to ensure efficient and timely completion of activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, business and community representatives and internal stakeholders to advance the objectives of the organization
- Create and foster an environment of highly engaged staff where staff growth, development, communication and training are promoted.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative, compliant and safe working environment. Oversight consists of allocation of resources, monitoring and correcting performance.
- Works collaboratively with the Donor Services Leadership team to develop and improve processes for donor recruitment and collections.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration within areas of oversight and with others within the organization.
- Prepare annual budget for area of oversight and monitor regularly. Develop plans to maintain or adjust operations as needed based on financial forecasting.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree desired. Relevant equivalent experience acceptable.
Experience: 15 years management experience required, ideally with increasing levels of responsibility. Medical background or previous blood center experience desired.
Skills: Excellent leadership, staff development and team building skills
Experience effectively leading through others
Familiar working within a highly regulated environment
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
Ability to think independently and solve complex problems
Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional customer service skills.
Strong monitoring, development and implementation skills.
Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
High level of data analysis skills
Budget preparation and monitoring skills
Able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to monitor department performance visually and auditory.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements for making fair pay decisions.
Submit your resume today for this amazing opportunity at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=218471041
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St. Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran