The Community Blood Center is looking for an Accountant to join our team!
The Accountant handles a wide variety of accounting work including general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, preparation of reports and analysis. Responsible for supporting accounts payable, accounts receivable processing, and fixed assets. Prepares reports as needed, depicting financial activities. Develops and maintains internal controls to assure proper management of corporate monies and the accuracy of all transactions and activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the preparation and analysis of financial information for month-end and quarter-end close responsibilities, and assists with financial statement review process.
- Maintains account reconciliations, and promotes a culture of strong internal controls.
- Assures accounts receivable processing is completed and recorded in a timely and accurate manner. Monitors the maintenance of customer files, and accounts receivable balances and investigates delays as needed.
- Assures accurate accounts payable processing, including authorization, and taking advantage of available discounts. Monitors the maintenance of vendor files, and status for 1099 purposes.
- Maintains detailed fixed assets records of capital equipment, including depreciation expense, disposals and reconciliations.
- Support continuous improvement projects and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Assists with the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation and/or verification of filing of tax returns, to include, annual payroll tax reports, including filing W-2’s, 1095-Cs, and Forms 1099 and 1096.
- Serves as a backup for preparation of payroll. Verifies and processes all employee information received from Human Resources and/or automated time and attendance system.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending internal and external training sessions and reading publications.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements:
- 2-4 years related experience; Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- In all cases, a thorough understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Training and experience in accounting and control procedures, financial planning and budgeting is desirable.
- Extreme attention to detail is a must.
- Good time management is needed to assure the timely processing of all information while meeting the monthly and annual reporting requirements.
- Advanced level of Excel skills is required along with experience in running various accounting packages, to provide for needed automation verifications not provided in the accounting package.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 30 pounds
Submit your application today: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.careers?ApplyToJob=218473410
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer