The Community Blood Center is looking for a Clinical Lab Specialist to join our team!
The Clinical Lab Specialist is responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory procedures involved in component preparation, labeling, storage, distribution, and component quality control. Also responsible for performing selected laboratory testing processes as needed.
Schedule: 32 hours/week, rotates 7-3:30pm, 9-5:30pm, 11-7:30pm and 2-10:30pm and every fourth Sunday, 9-5:30pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Performs duties as described in the Component Technician job description as applicable.
- Performs selected laboratory testing as required.
- Performs required equipment maintenance and QC on a timely basis.
- Responsible for performance of product quality control and evaluates products found to fail quality control.
- Boxes recovered components in the appropriate shipments as applicable.
- Prepares, stores, labels, ships, filters and irradiates blood components as applicable.
- May be responsible for delivery of blood to local customers on an as needed emergency backup basis.
- Monitors and evaluates temperature recording devices.
- Checks computer data entry, work-lists, and component inventories for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for the performance of bacterial inoculation or pathogen reduction of apheresis platelet samples as required by applicable regulations and SOPs.
- Maintains a neat clean work area.
- Adequately performs proficiency survey samples and competency assessments.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending staff meetings, inservices and training sessions, and reading publications.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in biology or related science, a MLT degree with certification, or meet the CLIA requirements for moderate to high complexity testing.
- Must be: able to follow and perform procedures; organized, careful of details, and be able to follow directions with accuracy; cordial in dealings with fellow employees and customers.
- Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Must work with moderate to loud fluctuating noise levels.
- Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
- Must maintain a neat clean work area, and present a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally. Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
Submit your application today to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218464769
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer