The Community Blood Center is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team!
The Business Development Account Manager is responsible for identifying and recruiting blood-drive sponsor groups by developing strategic account plans to drive growth in production. This position requires direct, one-on-one contact with leaders of business and community organizations. They also are responsible for giving formal presentations to leaders and groups as part of on-going community relations awareness and donor education. This position coaches and assists blood-drive coordinators in the planning and execution of effective donor recruitment programs and activities in detail by providing information, promotional material, support and training as required. This position works irregular hours, including occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends, making presentations and meeting with drive chair-persons to ensure blood drives operate smoothly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Develops a strategic business development plan to acquire new account relationships
- Works in collaboration with marketing department and other Donor Recruiters to conduct market research and identify key partnerships.
- Conducts in-depth account analysis to determine production potential.
- Executes account recruitment plans in support of the CBC Strategic Plan and Recruitment Goals and Objectives that will result in productive, cost-effective mobile drives to provide an adequate, safe community blood supply.
- Schedules blood drives in compliance with cGMP, SOPs and mobile scheduling guidelines to maximize the efficient use of resources.
- Projects mobile blood drive collections within acceptable ranges for individual drives and meets or exceeds monthly and annual goals.
- Maintains accurate records of recruitment activities, sponsor group information and blood drive results.
- Works closely with blood drive chairpersons to ensure a successful blood drive; provides training and assists the coordinator as necessary well in advance of the blood drive.
- Leverages marketing materials, reports and correspondence with sponsors.
- Conducts professional formal public speaking presentations to donor group leaders and other audiences to inspire, educate and motivate.
- After a blood drive, follows up in a timely manner with sponsor group coordinator to assess effectiveness of the blood drive, make recommendations for improvement, and schedule next blood drive; completes evaluation and submits appropriate reports.
- Develops strategic account plans to facilitate long-range planning.
- Expected to spend a considerable amount of time in the field developing new relationships.
- Applies effective sales skills to maximize account productivity.
- Demonstrates sales team leadership.
- Mentors and trains account associates and account specialists.
- Demonstrates accountability for individual and team recruitment activities and goals.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs and/or departmental directives.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- A proven, successful track record of outside B2B sales experience with emphasis on new account development, including strategic account planning and consistent achievement of production targets.
- Ability to apply a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated and organized, with the ability to schedule and follow-up on meetings without direct supervision.
- Must possess negotiation skills to resolve issues professionally.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
- User knowledge of the following equipment: laptop computer, photocopier, personal automobile, “smart phone”.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license to operate a personal and CBC vehicle.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
Submit your application today to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218466836
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer