Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you’re helping to save lives right here in our community.
The Senior Accountant handles a wide variety of advanced accounting work for month-end close and preparation of reports and analyses. Responsible for maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable, reviewing payroll and fixed assets. Develops and maintains controls to assure proper management of company assets and the accuracy of all transactions and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for month-end close activities and general ledger maintenance, including daily and monthly postings and adjustments. Provides accounting information to others as needed. Assures appropriate controls are established and followed to assure all transactions are accurate and complete.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and budget reports for expense review process. Prepares necessary financial reports for Senior Management, and monitors variances between actual and budgeted income and expenses during the fiscal year. Also, assists with the preparation of annual budget.
- Assures accurate accounts payable processing, including authorization verification. Monitors the maintenance of vendor files, payment terms, repetitive invoices, and status for 1099 purposes.
- Performs review of payroll register, which is prepared by third party. Verifies adjustments received from Human Resources and time and attendance system is accurate. Assist with questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters. Reconciles payroll summaries each pay period.
- Responsible for providing the report for the timely deposits and monthly reconciliation of 403(b) plan amounts.
- Participate in various projects and continuous improvement efforts.
- Assists with the annual audit of the financial statements. Provides workpapers and support as needed for the auditors. Prepares necessary confirmations for cash, investments, receivables and payables.
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation and/or verification of filing of tax returns, to include, annual payroll tax reports, including filing W-2’s, 1095-Cs, and Forms 1099 and 1096.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 5+ years of general accounting experience.
- In all cases, a thorough understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Training and experience in accounting and control procedures, financial planning and budgeting is desirable.
- Extreme attention to detail is a must.
- Good time management is needed to assure the timely processing of all information while meeting the monthly and annual reporting requirements.
- Advanced level of Excel skills is required along with experience in running various accounting packages, to provide for needed automation verifications not provided in the accounting package.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
Fill out your application here: https://secure5.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218455885
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer