Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you’re helping to save lives right here in our community.
The Laboratory Team Lead is responsible for leading the daily shift activities of the Component and CLS staff members, ensuring that laboratory staffing is adequate to perform the processing, preparation, inoculation, labeling, storage and distribution of blood components and non-blood components and that these processes are performed according to regulatory requirements. Is competently able to perform these processes as well as perform management review of daily worksheets, and manage immediate staff issues. Responsible for establishing consistency within the training process and facilitating communication between staff, shifts, and management.
Works with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels. Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending. Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles. Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills. Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
Work hours are Monday – Friday, 12pm – 8:30pm.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Processes, prepares, labels, stores, and ships high quality components in a timely and efficient manner.
- Carefully checks and reviews component production logs and paperwork and documents this review as management/designee.
- Remains trained and competent on performing component production tasks, including maintenance, temperatures, inventory, and recovered plasma shipping.
- Accurately enters data into the computer information system and assists staff with IS related issues.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials, the proper use of equipment, and appropriate segregation of waste while staff performs duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, and presents a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally.
- Ensures self and staff remain compliant with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs, or directives.
- Practices proper customer service skills for dealing with both internal and external customers. Assists staff members when dealing with difficult customer issues.
- Communicates effectively between shifts and between staff and management.
- Addresses immediate production and staff concerns and involves management as appropriate.
- Assists with troubleshooting laboratory equipment issues and/or consulting with technical support.
- Assists lab management with the implementation of new processes, equipment, and procedures.
- Responsible for the consistent training and mentoring of staff and ensures that tasks are performed according to training.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
- Primarily responsible for the defined team; duties to include staff performance appraisals and handling or communicating to management staff performance issues and concerns.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must meet the educational requirements of CLIA to perform moderate/high complexity testing.
- Laboratory experience, supervisory background preferred
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform procedures and attentive to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good telephone skills
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately
- High level of assessment skills
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Job Type: Full-time